At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- The Scientist will successfully facilitate directives from the Senior Manager, Product Development – Home Care by providing product performance evaluations and results supporting initiatives and projects at the North American Research and Development Laboratory.
- The Scientist will successfully organize activities which are effective, efficient, and aligned to projects priority. A self-driven professional in this position will contribute to overall deliverance of new and improved formulations, focusing on marketing and performance claims substantiation using both standard and the internal sophisticated testing methods.
- This person will be expected to learn and understand the products and test methods quickly and then work mostly independently to provide accurate formulation and product performance testing, statistical analysis and clear results reported including graphic representation, to support performance and marketing claims.
- This role will use both standard, established methods, as well as the internally developed methods accepted and performed within the Home Care industry:
- Schedule and execute product appraisal testing using approved standard testing methods and protocols according to the projects’ priority
- Provide recommendations to experiments, procedures, or methods to perform formulation or product evaluations
- Evaluate performance of lab-made and pilot batches, National Brand products and National Brand Equivalent formulations
- Collect data using MACH5 instrument, transfer spectral data, analyze results, and prepare reports including statistical significance
- Maintain, calibrate, and troubleshoot instruments used, participate in remote upgrades
- Maintain detailed records of all performance testing results and products in an on-line electronic laboratory books and R&D files
- Make lab-batches according to the provided batch cards, and make lab-made samples for the performance testing
- Help investigating causes of consumer complaints: test, evaluate and report performance results
- In the office during training, flexible hybrid work schedule after training is completed.