Germany, Düsseldorf, Law & Chief Compliance Office
(Senior) Patent Counsel (d/m/f)
At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of 50,000 pioneers around the globe. The teams in our corporate functions enable the best in our dynamic businesses and in our people to maximize our company’s potential. With our leading brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- Within the Henkel Global Law Group, the Corporate Intellectual Property department is responsible for protecting Henkel's new technical inventions and defending Henkel against third party claims to Henkel products. This includes all facets of intellectual property protection, from innovation consulting to securing and enforcing intellectual property rights, thus creating a secure legal framework for Henkel. We are looking for an experienced Patent Counsel (d/m/f) to manage the growing IP portfolio in the adhesive field
Provide IP support for development projects in your technology area and be the primary contact for inventors and decision makers from R&D and Product Development
- Proactively manage and continuously develop the global patent portfolio, considering business strategy aspects
- Draft and prosecute patent applications and run opposition and appeal procedures
- Perform freedom-to-operate analyses and develop strategies to ensure freedom-to-operate for our business units with respect to third-party IP rights
- Advise our business units on IP-related legal issues in the context of external collaborations, such as joint development agreements
- Occasionally conduct IP trainings for new colleagues in R&D and product development
- Work closely with our internal and external patent attorney network in foreign jurisdictions
- An academic degree in chemistry and sound knowledge of organic chemistry or polymer chemistry
- Proven knowledge and experience in patent law: qualification as a European Patent Attorney (EQE) or corresponding national qualification
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to structure and present complex scientific issues in an understandable way
- Interest towards legal issues and a curious, open-minded personality
- Willingness to travel occasionally, e.g., to the European Patent Office for oral proceedings
- Aptitude working in an interdisciplinary and international team with regular contact to R&D, Product Management, M&A and Corporate Legal
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, in particular fluency in written and spoken business English.
- German skills are preferred but not required
At Henkel, we come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We believe the uniqueness of all our employees is the power in us. Become part of the team and bring your uniqueness to us! We welcome all applications across different genders, origins, cultures, religions, sexual orientations, disabilities, and generations.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Please do not use this email address for sending your application or CV. To apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applications sent via e-mail will not be accepted.